Hello! This is the call for submissions for this month’s (July ’16) Carnival of Aces, a blogging carnival focusing on those inhabiting the asexual spectrum and asexual issues. It revolves around a different theme each month and seeks respondents who have something to say about the topic and how it relates to asexuality as a whole, or their own personal experiences. The masterpost can be found here in the caring hands of The Asexual Agenda.
This month’s topic is humor.
Carnival topics often lend themselves to being incredibly serious and personal, so I thought it would be good to open the floor up to light-hearted possibilities, especially in light of the aphobia rearing its head again on tumblr. We could use a little humor right about now.
As always, there are many ways this topic can be approached–ways both serious and light-hearted. A few ideas of things to write include:
- Tell us your favorite ace joke, or assemble a list of your favorite ace-related puns.
- Does your orientation affect your sense of humor?
- i.e., do you prefer ‘clean’ jokes over dirty ones?
- Has something amusing happened to you because of your asexuality?
- Has humor been used against you as a response to coming out, etc.?
- Describe something ace-related about yourself that amuses you (or amuses your partner/close friend).
Submissions can be done in a number of ways! Reply to this post with a link to your response, or use the submit function on my tumblr blog (a-reluctant-witch).
If you would like to make a guest post (anonymous or not) on this blog please feel free to email it to me at email@example.com.